Wednesday 11 April 2007

A post!

Yes! It is I! Miss Tickle of Miss Tickle blog stuff!

Exciting I know.

So. Hello. An annoying thing happened with a Turkish lady but I don't really know if I should tell you.

Oh alright then, but I warn you, it might not be interesting.

I got an exciting phone call from a woman who is in theatre and can get me jobs! She said there is a Turkish lady who wants to do a Turkish play about Turkish ladies and she has a small budget and I told her you were good.

(I blushed.)

So I went to meet the Turkish lady and she did want to do a Turkish play about Turkish ladies but -

She wanted me to give her a quote for it.

I do not mean a literary quote in the vein of Oscar Wilde.

I mean a monetary quote in the vein of a plumber.

I am not a plumber! (I do not wish to offend plumbers. It is simply that I am not one. Sorry. Plumbers are nice.)

So I fumbled and blustered and came out with a quite arbitrary amount of money even though she refused to give me any sort of guidelines whatsoever (I imagine when you are a plumber people say things like "Well I would like a bath, and I would like it to be blue with taps" and so forth.)

And then she said thank you and I left.

Then she phoned me and told me it was too expensive and I did not get the job.

It was a strange experience all in all.

Now I am temping. It is boring. There are no Turkish ladies at all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkish Ladies are so tricky.

What you need is a 'quotes person or agent or something' to do all that stuff for you.

You are an artiste. Artistes don't do mathematical things. Innit.

Angela-la-la said...

Turkish ladies. Not in the least bit delightful.

Anonymous said...

hullo miss tickle, long time no see.

I think Andre's right... you must get an agent. you really should have excused yourself and told her you can't be expected to 'create' and talk about something as vulgar as money.

but turkish people love to haggle... you may be able to get back to her and discuss it further... or has someone else already got the job?

Anonymous said...

i'm sure something interesting wil happen! you might meet a very interesting gay man with very interesting clothes..... something that happened to my cousin when she worked in set design for a theatre in Wimbledon..... you never know....

raphaelle said...

Turkish ladies are good.
They pin money onto your collar when you get married.
But only if you're Turkish or marrying a Turkish.

And excuse me, Andre, but I think artistes can do mathematical things pretty well. After all, they are artistes. They change the world. Their power has no boundaries etc.

Mr Farty said...

Oh, my word! Has finally been used. How sparkling!

I too quite like Jeff Buckley.

No, not in that way. Well, maybe a bit.

Miss Tickle said...

Hello everyone! I am sorry I was mean about Turkish ladies.

I like turkish delight, but only when it has chocolate around it.

I have worked at a theatre in Wimbledon!

I wish people would pin money on my collar.

Mr Farty, I think everybody likes Jeff Buckley ini that way a bit. They would be inhuman not to.