Thursday 28 June 2007

It was John Barrowman

That I wanted to tell you. That was linked in some way with Caroline (author).

I love him.

So the show went well and people came to see it and laughed and sometimes said "you are a bit peculiar" but in a friendly and loving way.

And another theatre thinks that they might want us to do it there for a bit longer. Which is clearly as ace as things can be. I will keep you updated with its progress.

In other news, the Brighton-moving-date has been set back because of jobs for hubs. He has taken the unusual and brave step of running to Austria to climb some mountains (not literally. He has in reality gone by plane. Running to Austria would take some considerable time. And probably involve some form of drowning.) When he returns I shall not be surprised if he announces he has decided to become a something-other-than-a-furniture-maker.

So it will not be until the end of August that I will be able to frolic by the sea.

*sigh*

Also, my music plugged into my ears did a wonderful thing this morning that went like this:

1) Must I Paint You A Picture - Billy Bragg
2) Feeling Good - Nina Simone
3) S.O.F.T - Elastica

This made me think about Desert Island Discs.

I would definitely have the first two, and certainly one Elastica song (but maybe All Nighter, not S.O.F.T) and almost undeniably Lady Grinning Soul by David Bowie.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

You?

9 comments:

Caroline said...

I love him too. But you know that. But we can share him ... can't we?
x

Miss Tickle said...

Of course we can share him. Shall we split the week and give him Sundays off, or just both have him together? (In an entirely non-rude way of course. Sorry. Innuendo. Terrible.)

Caroline said...

Oh let's have him both together.

;-)

x

fiona said...

Ah, Must I Paint You A Picture - 'tis a gem indeed. Still, if I had to pick just the one song that never fails to pick ME up, then it'd have to be Wyclef Jean's Stripper Strong. Anyone that can rhyme "go go" with "ho no" gets my vote every time.

Ms Melancholy said...

Oooh, another theatre? How exciting is that? Desert Island Discs is a good meme don't you think? I'm starting with There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (The Smiths) and will take it from there....

Angela-la-la said...

Yay for people seeing the show and laughing. More people should know your theatrical loveliness! Readers and lurkers alike, please go and see what this fabulous lady can do with some people and a stage!

Austria is worrying me. Do you think hubs will return and decide to become Julie Andrews with a sexy tattoo instead of a furniture-maker? That's a bit majorly disconcerting, although I guess he'd fit right in when you finally move to Brighton...

Miss Tickle said...

Caroline, it's a deal. Do you want to let him know or shall I?

Loveliest Fiona, this is a song I do not know! I shall hotfoot it to something interwebby forthwith and seek it out! xxx

Ms M, yes, I'd been considering my Smiths input. I think for me it's going to be "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me".

Angie, hello! You are too kind. I got a text from hub only this morning in which he mentioned goats. This has made me nervous.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hi Miss Tickle

Found you through Miss Melancholy who I found through Ingenious Rose.

I love John Barrowman too, but even more excitedly (for me) I love Bowie's 'Lady Grinning Soul.'

I've never met anyone else who seems to know it.

My now hubby, played it to me when we first met. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Nina Simone is rather fab too, and I liked Elastica in the 90s though I was more into Sleeper.

Ahh the memories...

Miss Tickle said...

Hello Jo! Welcome. I was introduced to it via a boy too, and similarly, nobody ever seems to know it, so hoorah for you!

I once met Louise Wiener. And the drummer asked me out. I was 15. The filthy beggar.