Monday 30 July 2007

Woo-hoo! And things.

It is me! Itismeitismeitismeitismeitisme.

Hello.

I have been away. I wish I could say that it was because of Important Business, but it is not. It is mostly because. Well, I have been eating a lot of toast.

So. News. We have found a flat! In Brighton! And paid them money so they cannot take it away from us! I am pleased. It has its very own patio which is big enough for a table and chairs and a lavender bush and for a weird cat to frolic freely in. And the kitchen has room for a table and chairs by the window at which to sit and eat breakfast and observe the free-frolicking of the weird cat in the lavender patio.

Brill.

And hub has found a job. With a man. Making woody things. The man used to be a drummer in a band. I do not know which one. Hub says he has got beautiful eyes. (This is, incidentally, a very un-hub thing to say. So they must be truly beautiful. I hope he and hub do not fall in love and elope woodily.)

So hoorah! Things, and indeed Stuff!

I am now much more groovy and relaxed knowing that all is settled. We will be moving at the beginning of September.

That is all my news. But I think it is good so I hope you are not disappointed.

Also, Harry Potter was good. Although I would like to know how Neville got the sword. This will not make sense to some of you. For this I am sorry. To those of you for whom (for whom!) it does make sense, do feel free to explain and enlighten.

ALSO, Caroline's book (In Search Of Adam. By Caroline Smailes. Available at any bookshop worth their salt. And that I won. I never win anything.) is BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could write intelligent things, but it will take me some time. But it is definitely BEAUTIFUL and also tender and a bit hurty in a good way.

I will be back soon.

Honest.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

oh sweetie - thank you for reading my story.
Glad you're back. I've missed you x

Angela-la-la said...

Oh I'm so glad you've found a lovely flat for frollicking and I know exactly what you mean about Caroline's book. I mean to do a review but really, my words desert me when I try to get them from brain to keyboard.

Oh, and Neville got the sword because he was a true Gryffindor in need of help to do something brave; the sword will appear under those circumstances (like it did to Harry in a previous book).

Miss Tickle said...

Caroline I loved your story. LOVED. Just don't know how to best express it. Wish I were a clever writer-type.

Angie, hoorah for you and knowing about Neville! That is a weight off my mind. It is good about the frolicking. Last night we celebrated with champagne. On a Monday! Sooo decadent.

Caroline said...

Oh lovely Miss Tickle - thank you so much and lovely Angela has read it too! No need to express it in any way at all, I'm just rather chuffed that you've both read it.
Hugs honeys.

BUT if you could assist me with my getting of a Simon Cowell autograph, then that'd be wonderful. ISoA the musical ... what do you think?????
x

Anonymous said...

See the comments in my blog for explanation of Harry Potter sword thing. I explain it vaguely then someone else fills in the detail.

KQ