Thursday 23 August 2007

The last romance

Hub and I didn't have a first dance. It wasn't really that sort of wedding. (It was in a field.)

But if it had been that sort of wedding, I think it would have been Don't Ask Me To Dance by Arab Strap.

You know I've felt like this before
I know you have felt it too
But maybe I don't want to dance
Cause I've not had as much as you

Our lives did not begin
The very moment that we met
I don't want to hold your hand
There is so much that I'll forget

You're no angel from above
You're the last girl I will love


Possibly a little too ironic for our own good, but still the most romantic song that almost exists I think.

Listen a bit (I don't know how to do listen a lot.)

PS. I realise I am posting a lot at the moment. I wonder if I should consider more deeply the old adage "quality not quantity", but frankly, I can't be buggered.

5 comments:

Effie said...

It's beautiful i like lots of posts! gives me a reason not to "get of the friggin computer you nerd" as my brother puts it :)

Caroline said...

We walked out of the church to 'When I'm 64' by the Beatles. Don't think most of the people understood the irony.
x

Miss Tickle said...

Hello allecsis, I am glad you like. And frankly, what do brothers know?

Lovely Caroline, that is just ace. x

Anonymous said...

I think you are managing both quality and quantity quite nicely, actually.

Miss Tickle said...

*blushes*

Why thank you bohemienne.