Tuesday 15 January 2008

Wiicriminations.

Today, mostly, it rained.

I need new boots. Mine have large holes. The rain got in and I got wet feet. And soggy socks.

It was not much fun.

But that is not what I am here to talk about.

No!

It was like a fooling-you-tangent thing!

Ha!

I am sneaky.

You know how I told you a little while ago that with my job I got a number of shiny toys including a marvellous Macbook Pro (on which I tippity-tap even now this very second would you believe)?

Well.

For the new term, I have been given a new shiny toy.

Y'know, to use with the yoof.

For totally improvement-based purposes. Obviously.

It is a Wii.

Woo.

(I am doing a project with them on the performative nature of gaming and why they like it, innit.)

It is VEER shiny.

But there is a problem.

A problem named Husband.

I have not spoken to him for days. He claims he cannot hear me and that I speak too quietly. Really it is because of the tinkly-spinkly Mario music playing in his ears.

And he keeps shouting at me, whenever he cannot fly like a bee or surf on a manta ray or fight a big dragon thing.

Which honestly, is not my fault.

I am no dragon-supporter.

(This is not strictly true, I think dragons are ace and would be one if I could.)

Anyway.

*sigh*

It is proper boring.

And I do not know if the yoof will ever get their little teenage hands on it.

Poor underprivileged yoof.

PS. I accidentally missed the year anniversary of starting my little bloglette. Blow out a candle for me dear readers. And make sure it is stuck in a cake that you can eat afterwards. With some tea.
PPS. For clarification, do not eat the tea, eat the cake. Drink the tea. Just like a normal person.

4 comments:

XXYXX said...

Awww soggy socks, yucky. You should have a look for some nice bright dry socks.

As for the Wii, well you know:
Men > Toys > Games

Eventually he'll get RSI
Or need beer
Or hanky panky
And his attention will wonder back to you

And in the meantime, we have the gift of you!
Seems like a deal to me!

Miss Tickle said...

Thank you Bobo, you big lovely. Just one thing, any idea where I could get the aforementioned socks?

Angela-la-la said...

Happy blogday, lovey!

It doesn't seem like a year, I can remember waiting aaaaages for you to start your own blog!

Anonymous said...

No to wet feet and soggy socks!!!!

But lucky you on getting the wii!! Even though hub seems to have overtaken it! And may actually be brainwashed! That's what it does to you! well me....