Thursday 28 February 2008

Whiskers on weird cats.

I had a thing to say.

But I have forgotten it.

As is often my wont.

(The process of signing into Blogger can do that to a small girl's brain.)

(Particularly when being closely watched by a weird cat. In a fashion that makes me suspect that later she will be a) filing a report on it or b) logging into Blogger herself for her own catty purposes.)

THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!

Do not panic, it is now over.

Being in Brighton, I felt it not at all. However, my mother reported that the sides of her gate-leg table flapped against the legs, my sister's friend's cosmetics fell off her dressing table, and hub woke up in an overly purple, lonely hotel in Nottingham and thought "Oh for goodness sake, I am trying to get some sleep."

Heady stuff.

Now while I, as I have very recently mentioned, did not sense even a whisper of a tremor, both the weird cat and the seagulls it seems, did. And they all went mad at stupid-o'clock-whenever-it-was.

And that was rather confusing.

And resulted in the weird cat having two breakfasts.

Maybe she was observing me so keenly so that later she could log in to Earthquake Checker.

(I think I have cracked it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just popping over for a wee visit and a chat after your kindly visited my blog today.

I didn't feel it either up here in Edinburgh. In fact, I thought Bobo was making it up when he told me.

I am thinking about your mum's gate legged table, for some reason. The sides flapping against the legs strikes me as a very subdued response to an earthquake.

I enjoyed the idea of your cat scrutinising you and thinking of filing a report on your behaviour. Cats are like that lol.

Miss Tickle said...

Helloooo Hullaballooooo! It does seem rather a subdued response doesn't it? Subdued and more than a little middle class...

Anonymous said...

hellooooooooooooooooooooo

H
xx