Friday 10 October 2008

My kingdom for a house!

So.

More trouble at (the) sea(side).

It looks like we have to move. Again.

GRRRRRR.

We got an email from our landlord informing us that he is putting the rent up by 10%.

For goodness sake!

Hub and I are currently in discussions about what to do, since this would take our rent up to a figure we would find more than a little painful.

Should we stay or should we go?

We were both very angry given that we have only been here six months, and given our having-to-leave-the-last-flat experience. It seems we are suffering from some kind of bad flat karma.

So tomorrow we are off to look round a few flats, see what is out there, see what we can get for our money, as we have until Wednesday to let the landlord know what we're doing.

Is it too much to ask to stay in one place for more than seven months, is it? I mean, is it?!

It has been a crazy few weeks with horrible in-law drama, troubles with my own parentals, a training weekend meaning I am now on my twelfth consecutive working day, and now more annoying flat stuff.

Oh the urge to swear is upon me, dear readers.

Fortunately, I am a model of restraint.

5 comments:

XXYXX said...

Fuckwits Tossers Wank … on now look, I'm transferentially swearing for you. Really, Miss Tickle, you should own your anger!

I seem to be up in the middle of the night … my Child apparently excited about starting training in a new place.

Nice to see how evolved I've become by the start of my fourth year!

Unknown said...

oh, I know how hard it is to often change houses as I have been doing that. Renting a house is very difficult but you find many sites online that will help you find a good flat in the neighborhood. Renting a flat is now easier than ever.

Jon said...

I have no experience in this field but are there never any leases where you cvan guarantee fixed rent for a fixed period or anything?

Miss Tickle said...

Hello dear Jon, there are, it is true. But it seems that where we are, the first lease is always a six month lease (where they are testing you out I guess, to see if you are a good tenant) and after that you can renew. We are just coming to the end of our first six months, and the landlord is putting up the rent for after that.

We tried to get a 12 month lease after what happened last time, but it seems that six months is just standard.

*sigh*

Feeling quite low about it all today.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are feeling low, honeybear. If it helps, i am feeling low to. Hugs to you.

Hulla
xx