Sunday 30 November 2008

Whirlwind-ish.

BOTTOMS!

I am back.

Yes I bloody buggery am.

Unfortunately, I have little of substance to say. Other than we built the weird cat a ladder-plank sort of device to help her escape from our outdoor "patio" (small square of concrete) into the heavenly wilds of the wilderness beyond (flat above's garden).

She has not used it yet. It is disappointing.

Life continues apace. I have developed hysterical headaches as a clear message to myself to get some sleep and spend more time watching rubbish telly. Unfortunately this does not fit too well with two jobs, a post graduate studying doodah for which an essay is shortly due, and beginning a placement in which I (I!) must counsel youth.

As if I knew any stuff at all.

In the meantime I am reading books called things like "Working with Adolescents: a Contemporary Psychodynamic Approach", desperately browsing (can one browse desperately?) the internet for presents for hub's 30th birthday, closing my eyes and sticking my fingers in my ears about the approach of my 30th birthday (one week's time!) and trying to deal with my extreme pissed-offness at the increasingly hurtful behaviour of my sisters (including promised presence then sudden unexplained absence at aforementioned birthday frolics).

Oh I am nothing but a write-as-you-would-vomit dear little thing today, aren't I just!

PS. The funeral was, well, y'know, as funerals are. I did read. And I was glad of it.

3 comments:

XXYXX said...

You'll be fine therapizing yoof. Lord, I did it at an FE College and I was old enough to be their (surprisingly youthful) granddad. AND I did my first couples session yesterday (OMG!) and they never even blinked!

As for essay's, you're lucky. You can just let you subconscious do it and trust in the process.

As for readings. Good for you.

As for being 30, I'm too jealous to say antything helpful, and too grrrrrrrr not to get all condensending, puffing on my pipe with my slippers on. So I'll just say happy brithday.

As for weird cat. Cats, hay!

As for stuff and stuff, yes, you're doing a lot. But then you're living a lot too.

Anonymous said...

Hiya honey, yoof will flippin love you, worry not. Counselling, how hard can it be?

Oh sisters, grrrrrrr, don't get me started.

Thinking of you xxxxx

MissT said...

Bobo, you are right. Living is kind of groovy I think. (Well done on couples session! Gosh you are brave!)

Hulla, I am hoping the yoof will love me. Or actually, a rather more modest hope that they will come back for the second session...!

Sisters - GRR GRR GRR, I hear you.

xx