Wednesday 31 December 2008

Now I do hope you all have a very very happy new year.

These are my new year's wishes to you.

WISHES!


So. 

I wish you lots of nice food and drink including fun nibbly things like Cheesey Footballs or Twiglets and alcoholic things like Gins and Tonics or Champagne. And if you do not drink, I wish you freshly squeezed orange juice, or whatever you would most like really.

I also wish you lots and lots of laughing, maybe generated by ridiculous games or ridiculous people or just lots of general hoo-hah and silliness.

I wish you Interesting Stuff. Stuff that you find Interesting. It might be archaeology or physics or kittens or soft furnishings. I quite like the yoof. They keep me on my toes.

And also I wish you curiosity, calm, joy, love and snoozing. 

And of course, tea.

On reflection, 2008 has been a teensy bit challenging. But right now, right this second, I feel kind of okay about that. 

It is probably because I am still in bed.

4 comments:

XXYXX said...

Thank you lovely Miss Tickle. On the whole 2008 has been a teensy bit challenging. But, in the words of Elton John, "I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah!"

And in the face of those challenges, I and you have risen to those challenges. So "yay!" for us.

In 2009 we'll probably learn more, take risks, and look for the things we need in life. Whilst, obviously, having G&T, laughing, interesting things, love and snoozing.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Angela-la-la said...

The very best of wishes to you too, sweetheart xx

Anonymous said...

We have had yellow french fancy fondants with pink ice cream for tea. Does that count ;))?

Yes, 2008 has been a challenging year for many many people. Like you, I feel okay about that right now, because we managed to get through it and draw closer.

Michelle said...

Happy New Year!