Monday 19 February 2007

And if a double decker bus...

squashed me flat I can't say that I'd be too bothered considering the way my luck has been going lately.

First. It was Damien Rice. Again dearest lovelies, the power of blogging. Amazing.

But this was not enough to send me skipping along the streets of London humming in a sort of an Irish way to myself (I am a bit Irish you know, a quarter or something. Descended from Murphys. Also, while we're on the subject, I am a bit French and a bit Scottish. In fact, I am one of the descendants of William Wallace. This gives me a very tenuous link to Mel Gibson, which used to be an Interesting and Good Thing, and is now a Resoundingly Bad one).

Anyway.

No singing.

And here is why.

I spoke to the theatre at which we were (sob) going to be doing the plays. They told me they are going to keep the deposit. (Wretch. And yes it does call for actual vomiting.) That is £1,500 dearest lovelies.

It never rains but it pours.

And when my eyes were pouring and I was leaning on a railing to hold myself up while my lovely hub was doing his very best phone-counselling, bloody Mark Kermode walked past and gave me a funny look.

It has been A Hell Of A Day.

And it is only 16.19. Or so.

13 comments:

Caroline said...

It'll all work out.
It will. It will.
Hugs,
Cx

Miss Tickle said...

It will, it will, it will... (and so on...)

xxx

Ms Melancholy said...

So sorry you didn't make the target...

It will all work out, cos Caroline is very clever and she said so x

Unknown said...

courage, miss tickle. when it all eventually slots in together (and yes, it will!), all the trials and tribulations will have been worth it!

Kermode giving you a funny look? well he should be 'thoroughly ashamed of himself'!

Miss Tickle said...

Ms M: Thank you (and she is clever, isn't she?)

Edvard: hello again! I feel like I have been in full battle gear for a number of weeks. You're right, I may as well keep it on.

I think his funny look was "Ah. Girl crying. Say something? Don't say something?" but by then he had walked past.

Anonymous said...

oh you poor thing! i agree with the others it WILL WORK OUT because it has to. and we say so. i'm new to your blog and i love it! don't cry hunny bun! those horrid people 1,500!!! my god! how could they!

Timbo said...

This probably won't make you feel any better, but I've had worse.

Miss Tickle said...

JALG: Hello! And how nice to have you here! I am pleased to have met with your approval. It will work out somehow. Somehow. *closes eyes and wishes*

timbo: I don't know if that does make me feel better, or just worried on your behalf.

Angela-la-la said...

1500 raspberries to them.

And 1500 little hugs to you (you don't have to have them all at once, spread them out as and when you feel like it)

Miss Tickle said...

Thank you FB, I will. That will help a lot. You're ace.

Anonymous said...

I shall have to take you for a luxury cup of tea

x

fiona said...

Damn and blast them Miss T. I've been too busy myself being crap at stuff to comment lately, but you know that all of wee me is wrathful at those bastardo teatro-stealing banditos.

Miss Tickle said...

A luxury cup of tea! Now there's an offer a girl can't refuse.

Loveliest Fiona, I hope your stuff hasn't been too crap, your words of wrath cheer me enourmously. x