Wednesday 21 February 2007

And Life Goes On.

Yes it does. And depsite my considering more seriously than ever the plan in which I move to Cornwall and keep chickens and bake cakes while hub creates wonderful furniture from driftwood, I find myself still in London and still alive and still, against all odds, planning to do the plays later in the year.

Although I am still £1500 worse off than I was on Sunday. Grr.

While our lawyer friend is checking the contract to see if the money really is legally keepable, the theatre have offered us a half-way house type deal where we get to do a week's "development" on the shows. This means working on them for a week and showing them to an audience to get (shudder) feedback.

I am not sure that this would be A Good Thing since the plays do not need developing, they are ace! But on the other hand, what would effectively be a week long advert for them might be at least vaguely useful. And it would mean the money wasn't entirely in vain.

*sigh*

I will be speaking to the theatre again today.

In other news, I am considering whether to give up biscuits for Lent.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have decided to give up sex for Lent.

Miss Tickle said...

Does that include dreaming of it Mr A?

Unknown said...

Hello miss tickle,

It sounds like a light at the end of the tunnel. You can do it, girl!

I'm giving up chocolate fudge cake for Lent (had a whole M&S one yesterday with ice cream on top!) and taking up heroine instead.

How cool that you linked me, I'll reciprocate of course, since I really like it here.

Miss Tickle said...

Hello Edvard, I am glad you like it. And a little surprised considering all my recent moaning and attempts to embezzle money out of you dear people.

I am shocked and delighted by your fudge cake antics!

(I might consider crack)

Anonymous said...

Yes I am not even going to dream about it.

Caroline said...

I am giving up mustard and beetroot.

Miss Tickle said...

Andre, that is willpower. You must be dead butch.

Caroline, I do not know what to say. I assume you love these things, in which case you are amazing. If you do not love them and have chosen to give up things that you do not like then it is clever and you are amazing.