Monday 9 July 2007

Miss Tickle goes forth.

I have been on an adventure! To Sheffield. A place I have never been before (and which, despite being in The North, was surprisingly warm.)

To begin with, my adventure involved getting up at an hour I have never seen on a Saturday morning. Hub stirred and muttered (actually it wasn't muttering. When he is half-asleep he has a vaguely unsettling ability to speak loudly and clearly, as if to a deaf aunt. But for the sake of setting an early morning atmosphere and all, he muttered) "The seals! They were angry with me, I played their guitar."

I kissed his barmy dreamfulness on the head and crept away, like a ticklish sort of a mouse.

The thing about London is that it is absolutely beautiful as long as it is a) sunny and b) silly o'clock in the morning so there are no people to ruin it. I sat on the top deck of the bus (at the front, no less!) and considered all the Things hub and I should do before leaving our fair capital for the balmy shores of Brighton. Like going to Spitalfields market. And London Zoo. And seeing Art.

Then I arrived at Kings Cross.

There were policemen! Everywhere! And television crews!

It was exciting!

But then I realised (I am a bit dim sometimes) the reason for their presence was a Sad one (although it was still a bit exciting).

Then

THEN!

I bought chai!

It was wonderful. And now I am sitting on a train with a small child opposite me who calls his father "Doodah", and who is playing with small felt-type figures and sticking them in a book.

It is a good adventure so far.

4 comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Have a fab time in sunny Sheffield.

Don't go to Meadowhall though.
I always get lost.
Even though I use the rule 'always turn right',

I still get lost.

Miss Tickle said...

Hello Jo! I did have a nice time. I was running a workshop with some actors. It was fun.

Sounds like an infallible rule to me.

Angela-la-la said...

Hubs ain't wrong, those seals aren't half so cute when you cross them!

*shudder*

Reno Land Surveyors said...

Great read tthank you