Friday 6 July 2007

Miss Tickle is responsible!

Hello.

I have been offered a job.

It is not a momentous-changing-British-theatre job. But it is a very nice job. In Brighton. For the next year. Working for a theatre company in a school with yoofs innit. For a year. Did I mention that?

It is strange how despite thinking that I wanted security and stability an' all, and wittering on about it in a way that I admit is tedious for all concerned, when faced with said security and whatnot, I feel a little scared.

Like, but what if I am called by the National asking me to direct Othello or some such?

Which is really likely actually.

REALLY likely.

Any moment.

Could happen.

I am basically being an arse. And am pretty sure I will take it, not least because it gives hub and I a joyous bounce in our moving house step. Also, it is part time, which means that potentially I can still work on my own projects.

I am a bit amazed that anyone considers me resonsible enough to work with the yoof.

Oh, and did I mention that with the job comes a Macbook?

(This is in no way affecting my decision. Nope. Definitely not at all.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It comes with a Macbook?

I think you have answered your own question. After all, even when you're asked to be Prime Minister of Sweden, they don't say they'll give you a free Macbook. And I should know, since they called me this morning to ask me if I wanted to do it now that you've turned down the job.

Or at least I think that's what they said. To be honest, they were talking in Swedish, and I'm not sure I understood a bloody word.

Tell you what ... bargain with them. Ask for one of the new Macbook Pros (shiny, in silver), and if they agree, take it.

Miss Tickle said...

Mr Witness, you made me do that laughing out loud thing (I am practicing. You know. For the yoof.)

It is typical is it not, that as soon as you are working with the yoof, the money-people throw it at you. But when you are doing Art, they run away from you, pointing and laughing.

I am glad the Swedes called. They are buggers to unerstand aren't they. I spoke in html to them and it seemed to pass off splendidly, you could try that?

fiona said...

Miss Tickle! This is a most exciting development. I think it is a bit like thinking you want a boyfriend and then getting one and fretting about what you'll do when Jake Gyllenhaal calls you. In other words, it's a tough one. But I will say this: I just purchased a lovely new Macbook when I was on my fact-finding mission in America and it is quite the lovely thing. Especially the effects on Photo Booth, which are a bit like those funny mirrors in circuses.

Miss Tickle said...

Loveliest Fiona, it is a bit exciting isn't it? You have put your finger on the button - I am commitment-phobe. Naughty Miss T. *wanders off to dream of Macbooks and circuses*
xx

Cheerful One said...

Hurrah!


(you can always come over all irresponsible and chuck it in if the National calls)

Cheerful One said...

er, sorry; when the National calls...

andre said...

hurrah!

Angela-la-la said...

And thrice hurrah!

Anonymous said...

Pro -- Macbook

Con -- Yoof

Hmmm.

Miss Tickle said...

Cheerful One: Well quite. It is justthat I do hate letting people down. Which I hope I will quickly get over if the National calls.

Andre: Hurrah! x

Angie: And fifthly, hurrah!

Bohemienne, hello! How lovely to see you. Yes, the yoof are a tricky proposition. But it is only two days a week, and I am definitely not classed as a "teacher", so maybe they will look upon me more kindly? *crosses fingers*

Caroline said...

You won you won you won.
I need your address honey.
xxxxxxxxx