Monday 11 February 2008

Ow.

I am grateful for all your views on Fruit Which Does/Doesn't Go With Tea. You are kind and thoughtful readers.

If I were to ask you what does go with tea really well, what would you say?

(I would say my mouth. Not that I eat my mouth while I drink tea. Just that tea goes well inside my mouth. Wellest of all I think. Also, chelsea buns.)

But my point is that Orange Liveboxes are BOLLOCKS.

That is what I really was hoping to say.

I like to do my work while reclining on my settee, laptop on lap, as god intended. Every now and then I can check a thought, or an amusing idea which has occurred in my little mind by browsing on the interweb.

However.

My lovely beautiful free-with-my-job Macbook Pro and the BOLLOCKS Orange Livebox have fallen out of love. They had a honeymoon period of about three months (which is, I believe, the norm) and then they just stopped communicating. We managed quite a good intervention with the help of a lady in India and they patched things up for about a week or so. But since then, they talk only sporadically, and they fall out at the drop of a hat. The drop of a hat, I say!

It is tragic.

And it means that right now I am sitting on the floor, with my lovely beautiful free-with-my-job Macbook Pro balanced on a chair while simultaneously being plugged into the PC. The laptop that is, not me.

My knees hurt.

4 comments:

b said...

hi i work for a large bank, one of the biggest, i do a boring job and i get a free dell d610.
i would work for less money in a company where they gave me a mac book pro. where do you work? tell me in installments.. :-)

Michelle said...

Best thing with tea, ever, ever: McVitie's Digestive Plain Chocolate biscuits.

I can find the plain kind here easily, but not the chocolate-coated kind. I have to go special stores to find them. Which is suprising, really, given the American obsesison with everything sweet.

Miss Tickle said...

Hello logube, how nice to see you! I work for a theatre company. It is unlikely, I know, that a theatre company would give such a lovely free toy. But they did. And it is ace.

Meesha I was obsessed with those biscuits! I REALLY was, all the time I was doing my school exams when I was a teenager I ate them endlessly. You are a clever lady of exquisite taste.

Miss Tickle said...

Hello logube, how nice to see you! I work for a theatre company. It is unlikely, I know, that a theatre company would give such a lovely free toy. But they did. And it is ace.

Meesha I was obsessed with those biscuits! I REALLY was, all the time I was doing my school exams when I was a teenager I ate them endlessly. You are a clever lady of exquisite taste.