Sunday 27 April 2008

It is important to understand your wee.

Hub is a diabetic.

I think I have mentioned this before.

He is Type 1, which is Very Different to Type 2. Type 1 is the one you get from being jolly unlucky. And it means you must inject yourself with insulin because your body no longer produces it. And we need it for important stuff. Important body stuff.

(I am very scientific.)

"I think I understand the double-wees," he announced. This morning. (I was still a bit snoozy.)

Sometimes, in the night, he gets up to go to the toilet, comes back to bed, and two minutes later gets up and goes to the toilet again.

A double-wee.

It is a phenomenon, and only makes me love him more. It is possibly his superpower. (I do not know to what use it can be put. Yet.)

Some years ago, hub did the Tour de Mont Blanc, which is a difficult and long and arduous walky-climby adventure. And when he did it, he had to monitor everything that he ate and drank, and everything that came out too. Apparently there was some surprise among the group that nobody ever weeed more than a pint (I do not find this so surprising, but I am quite small.)

Anyway.

He postulated this morning a theory that our muscles only allow us to wee a pint, and after that they say, "That's your lot thank you."

But with his high blood sugar, he has more than a pint to wee.

But his muscles do not understand this.

So in between the double-wee he goes into the kitchen and picks things up and puts them down again.

To waste time.

To fool the muscles.

He informed me.

This morning.

Mere minutes after I woke up.

I am still a little confused.

If I am honest.

9 comments:

Anxious said...

Hmm. When I was in hospital and everyone wanted to know about my wee all the time, the most I weed was 900ml.

But most of the time it was about 600ml (just over a pint).

I don't really measure my wee any more, so I can't provide any more scientific data than that.

Anonymous said...

My pilates teacher advised me to wait until I needed to wee a pint. So, how do I know when that is?

I love that your hub's weeing is a super hero phenomenon to you, awww, that's wonderful love.

Anonymous said...

Aww {{{miss tickle}}}, you've got me on your blogroll, thank you. That's very kind, and you said I was very good (blush).

Thanks for your sleep link on my blog, I will take a look.

When I clicked it, it didn't go to my blog, I think there may be a couple of extra obliques on the address, but hey I could be wrong cos being technical is not high on my list.

Miss Tickle said...

Anx, I am glad you do not measure your wee anymore. It is all part of being better, not having to measure your wee.

Hullaba-hello! I do not understand your pilates teacher. Do you have a detachable see-through panel in your groin? (maybe this is what your pilates teacher has.) You were right about the extra obliques! It is all mended now.

Jon said...

God damn you and your theories. Being competitive I am now going to be urinating in a pint glass until I can make it overflow.

Are you happy now?! Are ya?!

Miss Tickle said...

Jon - this is apparently exactly what one of the chaps on the Tour with hub did - spent the whole evening jiggling with his legs crossed in order to get just over a pint. If that's the sort of evening you're after, go for it! (Just do inform me of your progress...)

Anonymous said...

Fascinating. The Tour du Mont Blanc itself can be viewed at Tour du Mont Blanc - 'snuff to make anyone wee . .

Miss Tickle said...

Hello Anonyous. I climbed a mountain once. And once was enough. (Although it was not so bad that i wee'd.)

Anonymous said...

lol, I really think she does have a see through panel in her groin, it's all about muscle control doncha know (I no longer do pilates, it was last year's fad).

so pleased to be on your blogroll. Hope the whole flat thing starts to settle for you.

H
xxx