Friday 16 May 2008

Buses.

I am in Birmigham, in the home of the parentals, awaiting both aforementioned parentals and also travelling sister, who is no longer travelling and who I will see for the first time in about nine months.

Littlest sister will be joining us later and together we are spending this weekend in the family home for the last time. It is not only me who is moving next week, it is also mum and dad. The home that we grew up in, we are saying goodbye to.

Things are all change.

Just before I stepped into the Tickle-mobile to putter up to the Midlands, I received a letter. A letter which informed me that I have been accepted onto the counselling course.

All change, move along the bus please.

And on Monday I move with my lovely hub and our lovely weird cat to our lovely new flat (I am still fretting about where the litter tray will go...)

Ding ding!

I am apprehensive and excited and a little full of loss. Doors are closing and opening. Buses are arriving at their destinations and new buses are departing.

And this would be an appropriate place for some sort of journey-type metaphor.

Blimey.

Blimey.

6 comments:

Cheerful One said...

Golly!

[re: metaphor, how about some sort of bus motif?]

:D

Peach said...

blimey indeed! I can help! you are the driver! in the right direction, where forward is the only way..

heh - happy moving in new life day X

Angela-la-la said...

I like Peachypants' take on this.

Ding ding! All aboard! Watch out for the tickle inspector!

xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting onto the course.

Honeybear, life is a journey or process as we therapists bang about ALL THE BLOODY TIME! Enjoy the ride.

Your parentals sound way cooool.
And your sister too!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

make sure to give your parents old house lots of goodbye kisses! and congrats on getting onto your course! Try and enjoy your moving day, your new flat sounds like its nice honey! xxx

Michelle said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! Great news to hear you were accepted into the course. Good luck :)