Wednesday 14 May 2008

I had an interview

And I do not know how it went.

There is no funny story, no tripping over of any kind, or accidentally saying "willy" at any point.

Which I think is good.

But lots of hard questions.

(It was an interview to get onto a diploma in psychodynamic counselling. The hard questions were things like "What would your nightmare client be?" and "How would I know if you were angry?")

Also, I have a cold. And my voice sounds like a powered down version of Mariella Frostrup.

Also, I have a cyst! It is on my chest and looks as thought someone has hidden a small golf ball under my skin. Yesterday, people stared at me as if I were a freak of some sort! It hurts a lot. I have antibiotics to make it not-inflamed. They have upset my tummy.

I'm rather surprised I managed to attend the interview at all.

I will find out in a week.

Sitting on the bus on the way home I thought of all the things I should have said, all the words that had eluded me while I was grappling to express myself. And then the sun shone on my knee, the sea came into view and a teenage boy swore in a brilliant and hilarious way at the bus driver. Then I didn't mind so much anymore.

It is good living by the seaside. I highly recommend it.

8 comments:

pierre l said...

It is, of course, perfectly normal to remember all the things you should have said at the interview after the fact. I hope it went really well and that you get the job.

I also hope that your heath issues improve, and that you have good news about the flat soon.

Miss Tickle said...

Thank you Pierre. We're hoping all is going as it should with the flat, keeping our fingers and toes crossed...

XXYXX said...

Argh but did you tell them you have a blog and your blogette name is Miss Tickle? I'm sure that they'd of been very very very very very very very {you know, typing "very" quickly is rather a pleasant finger sensation} very interested!

What does being a Miss mean to you?

How might a Miss be Missed?

Is it a Tickle as in a ticklish throat, or a Round And Round The Garden Tickle?

Ticklee or the Tickler?

You see, loads of questions!

Hope you get in. It's a wild ride, this therapy malarkey.

Anonymous said...

I love that question about how someone would know if you were angry lol.

Why didn't they ask how they would know if you were happy?

Good luck, fingers crossed for good news in a week.

elizabeth said...

BUT! What if the potential future bosses name is William? Hmm? What then?

Good luck!

Lee Bemrose said...

Hate job interviews. Good luck.

(What did the teenager say to the bus driver?)

Miss Tickle said...

Hello Elizabeth, hello quick!

Elizabeth, you are right, I had not considered such things. Perhaps I shall call him Bill if that is the case.

Quick, it was less a case of saying something brilliant and more a case of the bus driver having been an absolute bumhead (driving away from the stop and not letting the kid on when he clearly should have let him on) and the teenager telling him so (he ran all the way to the next bus stop and beat the bus so got on it there.) It was very teenager power, if there is such a thing.

Lee Bemrose said...

Thank you. That is funny.