Friday 9 May 2008

Insuring the Weird Cat

Our pet insurance automatically renews itself every year, like an alien being (or some alien beings I suspect). This year, we noticed, not only did it renew itself, but it also cleverly doubled itself.

So I went out into the wilds of the interweb hunting for new and better insurance.

And primarily, y'know, cheaper.

I found some, you'll be pleased to know. But in the course of getting it, I had to answer these three questions:

Has your pet been used for commercial guard, security or racing? Yes No
Has your pet previously shown aggressive tendencies? Yes No
Has your pet any pending third party prosecution(s)? Yes No


And now I can't stop thinking about the possibility of racing the Weird Cat.

I think the idea has legs.

Which was not intended as a terrible nearly-pun.

I would like to buy her a sweatband. And train her. Lord knows she could do with losing a few pounds (I am thinking of changing her name to "The Big Fatty" or just "Lard".)

Cat-racing. It could be a thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat racing could catch on, but only very slowly and slinkily and if the cats absolutely felt inclined to do it. And they soooo couldn't be bribed.

pierre l said...

Are you sure your cat hasn't turned into a dog? I have noticed this is the sort of question they ask about dogs (because you are responsible for what your dog does), but not for cats.

Angela-la-la said...

Would the starter say 'ready, steady, go-cat!'?

Anonymous said...

hhmmm, we could never get my friends cat to race! She's sooo "Im the Bosss!!" teehee, but i think it would be a very very good idea!
you know, if we could get our cats to do as they're told! xxx

XXYXX said...

I think cat racing would only work as an antidote to real racing. As it would be so convoluted that no one could be bothered with the result.

Which rather is the point of having a cat. Especially a fat one.

Jon said...

I would actually sponsor your cat.

In any run.