Sunday 8 June 2008

Sunday

The husband has a terribly poorly shoulder.

Last week the doctor told him it was an ill called "Frozen Shoulder" (usually only found in 40-60 year olds, but five times as likely if you have the diabetes. Like what hub does.)

Then this week, when hub went back to the doctor after a sleepless and pain-filled night, the doctor changed his mind.

To "I don't know what it is."

That well-known condition.

So hub has his shoulder in a sling and I have been trying to be a really good wifey and do the washing-up and clean out the cat litter tray and EVERYTHING.

Unfortunately I am a bit hungover and therefore a bit* grumpy.

So I am not being as gracious as I could be.

And after a terrible incident in which a hairbrush attached itself viciously to my hair, my mood has worsened.

But I just ate some bacon, and that helped.

*This is a lie. I am totally and utterly grumpy.

6 comments:

Stray said...

Poor Mr Tickle!

I am fairly sure they used to prescribe valium for a frozen shoulder. Perhaps you could borrow some to help with your grumpiness?

I don't believe in hairbrushes. By which I do not mean that I doubt their existence, just their role as anything other than a socially sanctioned method of torture used by parents on their children. I am very sorry that happened to you. I recommend icecream. Generally, but also specifically in this instance.

Chin up x

Anonymous said...

Ice cream for a frozen shoulder, very funny teehee.

Ice cream as a cure for anything, I'd say.

And hairbrushes are no longer my friend, it's official. When my hair is fuzzy, no modern appliance or contraption ever makes a difference. Ever. That's why I keep losing my hairbrush.

Jon said...

Bacon is great! You can do all sorts with it:

Eat it.
Slap people with it.

No, I'm stuck now.

Angela-la-la said...

Bacon. The cured meat cure-all.

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Bacon makes everything better. Hope it works on the husband's shoulder, too!

Miss Tickle said...

Hello! I am sorry I am so late my lovelies, it is my sister you see, she is staying and taking up all of my time by demanding we garden.

Anyway.

Bacon. Cured all.

Ice-cream. Yum.

Hairbrushes. Yah-boo-sucks.

Barb McMahon. Hellooo and welcome!