Thursday 24 July 2008

The physics of poo

I love living in Brighton. Moving here was far and away the best decision hub and I made. I love the big bright buildings, I love the people and all their groovy ways, and I love the sea.

What I do not love, are the seagulls.

And more specifically, their poo.

My poor little car takes a battering every night, and some mornings it is tricky to see through the windscreen.

This morning I was awoken blearily at silly o'clock by the sound of something hitting our bedroom window. In my sleepy imaginings I conjured a tom cat weeing very hard at my window, or perhaps weeing not so hard in my garden, then scattering soil with its toilety diggings.

Later investigation revealed that the same fate as daily befalls my little car had also befallen the bedroom window.

Which I was totally confused by because we live in a basement flat.

Which made me wonder exactly where the seagull was. At the time of contact.

And frankly, thank god that hub 1) understands physics and 2) is a more than capable Microsoft paint artiste, otherwise I never would have understood.

3 comments:

Mr Farty said...

Ahhh! I see. Thank goodness for people wot can do diagrams.

Lil Miss Lexy said...

I still don't get it :S I was never any good at physics!!!! Am very new here (in this place i have heard referred to as Blogland) but have enjoyed my visit very very much and shall be back shortly!!! toodlepip x
*~Lil Miss~*

p.s just to clarify I am aware that your blog is not blogland.. I'm new here too... you know what i mean!

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I didn't even read the physics bit. Seagulls are cunning little critters, we had loads of them at our old flat. Happily though, not here.

You need anti poo paint on your car windscreen.