Tuesday 22 July 2008

Vlex

So I've been doing this project at school.

The brief was to create a new word, a verb, to describe what is unique about what young people do today.

I've been working on it all year.

And one of the reasons I've been so quiet in the past couple of weeks is because I've been up to ears working on the final show for this project.

Which was yesterday.

And was ace.

(Which I was VERY relieved about.)

Anyway.

As part of the project, I asked some lovely independent producers to work with the kids to make a small animation which demonstrated the concept of the word.

I thought you might like to see it (because I think it's completely brill.)

So here it is.



Vlex:
To express control in a virtual world.

Like what I'm doing now, innit.

PS. For the actual thing, we made a pinata of that monster. Then totally bashed it to pieces. Yes we did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Miss Tickle! And great choice of music - reminds me of days spent vlexing when my cousin used to bring over his portable space invaders game..

But the pinata-monster bashing sound s like even better fun - nothing like a bit of mayhem and destruction to wrap up a successful project!

Mr Farty said...

That was dead clever. Have you submitted it to Collins and Chambers, or should it be Wikipedia nowadays?