Wednesday 27 August 2008

Magic

I am still on my school holiday, but go back next week. So I thought it was about time that I started to get myself sorted. This year I'm continuing with my hip and trendy job with the yoof, starting another job working with the yoof but in a more groovy and supportive type role, and also beginning my post-grad diploma in psychodynamic counselling.

So I was going through my diary and writing all the important wheres I need to be, and whens.

And gradually I became just a teensy bit panicked.

As I realised that nobody's holidays co-ordinate with anybody else's holidays which leaves me in a position of never having any holidays.

So I started to hoover.

As one does when one is feeling a little bit overwhelmed.

Obviously.

But all the stuff was still going round my head, about timings and fees and books I must read and visiting friends in different countries that I may never be able to do.

And then the doorbell rang. Or strictly speaking, the door made a knocking sound.

And something arrived that somehow has made everything just a little bit better.
















I just feel that little bit more prepared.

2 comments:

XXYXX said...

They will so useful during your therapy training.

They will communicate your unconscious process so clearly to the rest of the group, and their countertransference to you will be one of envy and unexplainable libidinous desire … or is that just me?

Miss Tickle said...

Aw bobo... *blushes*

I did keep them on for a number of hours, and am very much looking forward to going to the countryside this weekend so they can fulfil their true destiny.