Wednesday 3 September 2008

Comings and goings

Last night, I had fish. And today, I have ill. I am not that pleased with the transaction.

It is not terrible ill, as I know these fishy things can be, but it is still quite definitely the wrong side of well.

Despite my terrible not-wellness, I struggled out of bed at some ungodly hour this morning to go to the induction for my new groovy supportive role working with the yoof. And I felt grumpy, oh YES, I felt grumpy. And cross. And irritated. And I did not want the school holidays to end and all that mean work stuff to start again.

And then it was really nice and I remembered how much I like yoof and I felt like a big old silly-head.

Also, and in a brilliant stroke of hilarious, the subject area in which I will be applying my groovy and supportive nature is Motor Vehicles.

Ha.

In other news, I am bereft of friends as they selfishly hotfoot it off to another country to have some kind of adventure. I will miss them a lot, but on the plus side, they left us a chair from which the Weird Cat has not yet detached herself. So plusses and minuses then.


5 comments:

XXYXX said...

Oh dear, piscine self-harm. Thank you for not regurgitating the whole experience.

Are your chums going to Poland, only your CAPTCHA is Sweziw, which very much seems like an Eastern European city?

Miss Tickle said...

The piscine was not that bad, I am in fact being a bit of a wimp.

So, Sweziw eh? I wonder what their National dish is. Something fishy I warrant.

Meesha said...

How refreshing to hear of someone who enjoys working with the yoof. SOmetimes they can be so....yoofy.

Angela-la-la said...

Fish can be evil like that. Talking of evil, I really want to spin the mad cat round on that chair :)

Miss Tickle said...

Bonjour Meesha, it's just that I find them interesting and funny. But of course, I can leave at the end of the day...

Angie, helloooo! It is quite Dr No, no?