Tuesday 9 September 2008

Strangely lady-ish.

I am going to a wedding, of two serenely lovely peeps.

But something about the wedding has fired off some craziness in my brain. 

Some appearance-based craziness.

It goes like this: 

ImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookprettyImustlookpretty.

And it is mostly manifesting itself through the excessive purchasing of matching accessories.

In the past two days I have bought three hairbands, two necklaces, three bracelets, some amount of hairslides and two cardigans.

In particular I have gone a bit funny about things being matching. In a set sort of a way.

I am confused, for this dress-up business is something new. Usually I am more of a casual sort of a gal. I can't help thinking *whispers* that it is not really about the outfit.

(I am about to do a counselling course, and this might account for my being so very insightful.)

Answers on a postcard please.

PS. This particular craziness contributed significantly to a rather embarrassing moment earlier today. The setting: the changing rooms of a cheapy high street shop designed for those somewhat younger than myself. The item: a red strapless dress with puffty skirt designed for those somewhat younger than myself. The problem: getting stuck. I was there for some time and just couldn't bring myself to ask for the help of the assistant. For she would have seen my bosom!

4 comments:

trousers said...

Thought I'd say "hi" since I've ended up here more than once thanks to that Black Boxes widget.

I think I'll not offer you any advice on the issue in question (because my advice would be rubbish for a start) but I hope you work something out.

Must point out as well, I read In the past two days I have bought three hairbands as In the past two days I have bought three husbands. My god, I thought, what kind of mad place have I ended up at here? :)

Miss Tickle said...

Hello trousers! I have ended up at your place a few times too thanks to the widgety fun, but I was too shy to comment :)

Your wonderful mis-reading makes me think that maybe I am not the only one to be re-considering what might actually be going in the brain area...!

trousers said...

No need to be shy - but no obligation either :)

The above is but one of many misreadings - I keep meaning to note them down and do a post about them (but haven't as yet..)

XXYXX said...

So DID you ask for assistance? And the puffty skirt … really, you're a woman of the world. You have to know that puffty skirts are a one season wonder! Plus everyone would know of its Top Shop provenance.

As for the counselling thing dragging up all your issues … naaaaa.

If you think back, I suspect epidemics of craziness have been quite common in your past. Just a guess, obviously, but somehow a sound one.

PS: You could always ask the wisdom of the crowd, photoblog your candidate outfits and let us be your guide!