Monday 12 February 2007

My aching heart

Boys and girls it is going very badly.

I have been doing this for nearly six years. It has never been easy. I have had some good jobs, and some rubbish ones. I have never really made ends meet.

I love theatre, I really really love theatre. I love sitting in a room full of people watching something so beautiful that your heart aches. All watching it together. I love making people laugh, I love making them think, and I love just giving them a nice time so they go away smiling, talking to their friends.

But I am wondering whether I should just give up. It is so hard. It is so hard it makes me cry. Maybe it is too hard. Too hard to keep going every day. Without crying.

I have three thousand pounds to magic out of the air and five days to magic it. All to just make a bunch of people together in a room think and smile and love their aching heart.

I don't know if it is enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't look down!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, always remember that you're doing it. And for you having the courage and the sheer bloody nerve to do it, plenty of others (me included) didn't.

Good luck.

Miss Tickle said...

Andre, finger tips...

UW: That was like a moment in a film where the wise colonel (or some such) gives the young hero (that's me!) advice before going into battle.

Battle it is then.

Anonymous said...

battle it is