Thursday 26 April 2007

The price of living.

I had a thing to say, but I have forgotten it.

Tra la la la laa.

Oh yes!

I am moving house. It seems. To not-in-London.

I know.

This is because the landlord has put our rent up. It hasn't been put up for two years so it is sort of understandable.

Sort of.

So London has finally priced me and hub out. *sigh*

We think we might move to Brighton. In Brighton there is the sea. And an ethical furniture-making company for hub to work at. And there are some theatres, and people being bohemian for me.

We are going to visit this weekend to see if we like it.

It is exciting!

But a bit scary.

PS. I still need to find a job. I do not really know what I could do, to those of you who asked. Hub had an idea that I could go into big businesses and do clever theatre-like workshops for making people build their teams and think without boxes and some such. I started investigating, but it seems there are hundreds of companies who do this! I would not know where to start! No other ideas have yet occured. I will let you know if they do. You lucky things.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move to Brighton!

Anonymous said...

Brighton with the bohemians.

How exciting.

Timbo said...

Be warned: Brighton's expensive too.

But yes, come and live here! It has the sea and birds and things.

Anxious said...

Move into my house! Okay, it's not in Brighton, it's not by the sea, it's not really a cool place to live and you'd have to buy it.

But you'd never get a house like it in London or Brighton for the same price!

Okay, I'll leave now.

Angela-la-la said...

London will miss you but Brighton deserves you.

A new start may well do you good. And the bohemians may have more interesting temporary work for you too!

Unknown said...

brighton is great, but I think it's not that much cheaper than london. how about harrogate? we have a lovely theatre.

Ms Melancholy said...

We were priced out of the town we used to live in, and moved about 5 miles away to a 'less desirable' village. We have never been happier. Maybe this is an opportunity in disguise? As for the consultancy idea - yes, there are lots of people doing it. But there are lots and lots of rubbish people doing it. If you are creative and good at working with groups you never know.....

Anonymous said...

Brighton! i have missed lots as i have avoided the internet. i am sorry for this. but i definantly think that Brighton is the way to go! xxxx Rachel xxxx

Miss Tickle said...

You are all lovely.

Have I said that before?

It seems Brighton is't exactly cheap, but it is cheaper than London and that is what counts.

Anx, thanks for the offer of the house. It is the first time I have been offered a house and I enjoyed it greatly.

Ms M, thank you, you have given me hope and indeed Confidence. And maybe I'll do a tester of the workshop thing.

And Anna and Timbo, hoorah!

And Andre, you can visit and wear your bowler hat.

And Edvard, Harrogate is unfortunately a receiving theatre. Which means no jobs for miss Ts.

And Rachel, avoiding the internet?! What were you thinking?! Welcome back. x

And FB, as always, xxx

Lucy Diamond said...

Brighton is fab! Lovely and friendly, full of great people and sea breezes and lots to do.
Sadly we are moving away next month...gutted!