Monday 4 June 2007

Getting to be less.

In the past year and a half I have put on a stone and a half.

And it keeps coming.

I used to be just like a pixie. Or an elf.

Now I am considerably more like a gnome.

I like to blame the little pills, since they have side-effects including both weight gain and increased appetite (which I don't really understand since I did rather consider the two to be inextricably linked. Shows what I know.) but I think I am going to have to face up to the fact that it is actually because I eat a lot. And don't exercise.

For a while I blamed hub. He is diabetic and eats muchos carbohydratos. But then I realised that I am not diabetic and so have no excuse.

He also feeds me a lot. He is, what I think is called in some pop-psychological places, a "feeder".

But I do not have to eat all that I am fed. I am human after all, and have free-will!

Although I am not very good at exercising it.

Or at exercising.

As I mentioned.

In any case, I am attacking the more of me! With a campaign! Of no biscuits or cake and salad instead! And ruthless amounts of walking!

I shall let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

Timbo said...

I tried that.

It was rubbish.

Miss Tickle said...

Timbo bonjour! It is rubbish. I am fed up with it already. Grr.

cheerful one hoorah, we are not alone!

Anonymous said...

i say keep the cakes! life is no good without them! xxx

p.s. sorry biscuits. just the way it is.

Angela-la-la said...

I have the same problem except I do exercise.

I also drink a lot though... kinda cancels it out, I think.

Miss Tickle said...

Rachel I fear you may be right. Life without cake, a terrible proposition.

Angie you are good, you see. You have something that cancels the drinking out. Clever. Much cleverer (and less intrinsically lazy) than me. x

Michelle said...

Life without cake is no life at all! (*sweeps aside crumbs while typing*)