Friday 1 June 2007

I am confused.

Still no news.

Ho-hum. But then he is international an' all.

So, other things.

I have been working for the past two weeks with a lady who is a psychic. (I do not know really if that is the correct classification. Is it a job title? Or is it like saying someone is a woman or a man? Plus, should it be "claims" she is? I do not know. Help me if you like.)

Anyway. That has been strange. She has told me about angels and stuff. Following people. And twice she read my angel cards. Which are different to Tarot cards. Apparently.

Also, I am a Buddhist (shock revelation! It will probably make the evening papers and I will be mobbed in the street. And on the bus. And again in the pub later.)

My point is, although granted I am taking some time getting around to it, that I do not believe in Fate.

And this does sort of clash with the particular school of Buddhism I follow (Nichiren Daishonin, since you ask. Like Orlando Bloom. And Courtney Love. Although not such a good idea to brag about that one.) And it certainly clashes with angels.

I get confused. I am not a very good Buddhist, I am easily distracted and don't do it properly. Although when I do do it, I am happier and easier in myself, which is why I started doing it to begin with. And to be fair, the Buddhism I practice is all about realising potential and having the strength to try.

Lawks, this is getting complicated. I think I just sort of resent the idea that we are destined for things, or things are destined for us, although I can see how it is comforting. Having those angel cards read and getting "Prosperity" and "Relationship Harmony" and "All Is Well" certainly made me feel smug. But I do like to feel that I have some influence on life generally. Even if that influence is me cocking it up in unexpected and spectacular ways.

Well I meant to write a witty, entertaining and incisive post about a crazy psychic lady. And look where I've ended up.

I need a large glass of wine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i met a psychic once. She frightened me. I did not like her accuracy on certain things in my life. it was unnerving :/

i liked this post. it was witty.

Wine sounds fabulous right about now! xxx

p.s concerning Peter Brook: patience is a virtue and all that. xxx

Jude said...

What happened to the picture of the husband's tattoo? I was looking forward to that.

And wine is the answer to everything.

Psychics aren't. Generally. Although one did once tell me I was going to go on a surprise holiday. I poo-poohed it at the time. Then 24 hours later my husband took me on an unexpected trip to Paris.

However, she also told me that I would be successful in my career.

How wrong can you be?

Miss Tickle said...

Rachel well I went with wine. Rather a lot of it as it happens. It was glorious.

Jude hello! How lovely to have you here. The photo is on its way, just waiting for it to be a little less, well, scabby.

And there's success and success, as you well know... x

zoe said...

at least she gives you something to blog about. i feel as though my head has been drained of all the words i ever knew.

Miss Tickle said...

Zoe well yes, but you have been wording a lot longer than what I have. Maybe you should start with the Belgian words?