Monday 7 July 2008

Ginkgo Biloba "Troll"

Here is our special tree. We had a lovely time peacefully wandering around a brilliant nursery we found, and finally chose this. To stay with us always, for us to care for and to mark the memory of a special little bean.
























"A lovely and very rare form of Ginkgo with compact, bushy growth. Ideal as a container plant on the patio where after several years it will form a stunning leafy tree that is not too large. Ideal if you would like a ginkgo, but do not have very much space - and much better behaved than a real troll as well!"

10 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

Lovely, is that. {{hug}}

Caroline said...

Made me cry. Perfect.
x

XXYXX said...

Lovely Cas is right, it is just perfect. Well done for knowing what you needed to do.

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, Bobo told me what you had found a tree for your little bean, so I just had to come and take a look. It is beautiful. You can carry it with you and tend to it always, I love that.

Made me cry too. {{{{{Miss Tickle}}}}. I am so sorry for the pain of your loss and am so proud of how you are both handling it.

Bless you, and little bean.
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey honeybear, you've been quiet, how are you? Thinking of you. {{Miss Tickle}} xx

Michelle said...

What a truly lovely idea.

Lisa said...

I don't know if you still check this site, but I'm with a landscape magazine and we'd like to use your photo of your ginkgo Troll, if you have it in high resolution and are game. Please contact me if so.

MissT said...

Hi Lisa, yes I would be game. You don't seem to have a contact attached to your profile, so just leave another comment letting me know how!

Lisa said...

Great! Please send the highest resolution version you have of the photo to me at lspeckhardt @ asla [dot] org. We'll be happy to include a photo credit for you if the resolution works for us!

Lisa said...

Never mind on the high resolution photo--the one you have on your page will work for us. Just let me know ASAP how you'd like your photo credit to read. Right now I have it "Courtesy Miss Tickle blog, missticklesays.blogspot.com" but I'm happy to make it your real name if you prefer. If I don't hear from you in the next few days I'll go with what I have above. Thanks again!