Tuesday 28 October 2008

Updates

Hello peeps.

It's been a while, I know.

Things I have been doing include:

1. Frantically editing short films with yoof in them.
2. Reading Freud case studies.
3. Listening to neighbours arguing about scaffolding.
4. Wondering why the weird cat has started weeing in corners.
5. Fretting about Christmas and the mother-in-law situation.
6. Appreciating the Autumn sunshine.
7. Driving to the middle of the Bath countryside for a hen weekend.
8. Realising just how young people in nightclubs are.
9. Loving my therapy,
10. Browsing flats on the interweb.
11. Revelling in half term.
12. Fighting the horrible hormonal effects of a new pill.

So.

The landlord situation (if you could please read "situation" with a french accent, it would be most helpful, since that is how it is pronounced in my head). Although he has now increased the rent only by a tiny bit that actually won't kill us, I think we are still going to keep out eyes out for somewhere else. We don't feel quite safe here now, and also (with the encroaching winter darkness) it is becoming clear how very dim it is, being a basement flat and all. And Miss Tickles don't do terribly well with dimness.

The mother-in-law situation is the same. She is still outrageous in her claims and actions. But now her mum (hub's nana) is very ill so it's a bit more complicated. Really I think we are trying to work out ways we can keep her in our life without her being entirely draining and destructive. Hub is ace and strong and only very occasionally furious. I am proud of him.

I have had a tricky few weeks with the lady-hormones. I went to the doctor because I have started suffering from menstrual migraines, and she advised me to try the mini-pill. It was all okay until around period time and then I suddenly turned into a churning mass of anxiety and weird night sweats and not sleeping and head all strangely leapy. It is over now, thank heavens, and I am holding in mind that the doctor did say it would take a while to settle down.

Bloody buggery hope it does though, because it was really terribly yuck.

I am loving my course and finding it intense and challenging and thought-provoking and glorious. And also prone to inducing a peculiar variety of psychological hypochondria, whereby we learn about something and then immediately diagnose it in ourselves (it is a course-wide phenomenon, and not just me... We are all as sensitive and wonderfully loopy as each other). Anyway. It is good, and I am slowly feeling more confident with it all. Also discovered that telling people that one is training as a counsellor/therapist means that they immediately tell you their dreams.

What else....

The weird cat has started weeing in corners.

It is weird.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers, what a busy lady you are. No wonder you haven't been blogging sweetheart.

Menstrual migraines, super yuck, I know all about them. I nearly puked up all over my ex a couple of weeks, but managed to drive round the corner before the nausea took hold properly.

I am too old for the mini pill - boooooooo! I am going to try acupuncture instead, so I don't get so dreadfully weepy and irrascible and ununderstandable to men just before my menses.

Great to see you back, honey. Missed you.

xxxxxx

XXYXX said...

Missed you too Miss T, though I wont comment much because I'm missing Hulla (as I'm in a special Johnny-no-mates hotel in Bayswater tonight) and I'm a tiny bit tipsy from the Champaign cocktail party at was at, at the Wallace Collection in Mayfair tonight.

Yes, my boys are very impressed that I've been to the most expensive street on the Monoploy Board.

Anyhow what I wanted to say before I go bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurh is ...

My fascist cat (she used to strut around like a cat Mussolini) used to wee in odd corners because of anxiety. We got a spray from the vet which we would spray on the places that she liked to spray, and it did help to stop her a bit. Plus we found that her anxiety increased when a cheeky Tom bashed his way through the cat flap, so we fixed that too with a magnetic cat flap.

As for your hypochondria, ha! We didn't want the spoil to surprise, but welcome to the world of counselling.

As for your friends, just tell them you don't do nothing for less than fifty quid an hour ... that soon shuts them up.

As for the other things, bum! Do wot Hulla says ... if she said anything.

Hmmmmmm ... I think this is a good time to go to bed.

♥ Miss Tickle ♥

Miss Tickle said...

Hulla - my mum is an acupuncturist and while I was living at home, acupuncture did help. The GP also advised Agnus Castus for me too. I'm hoping the pill is going to settle down, because it really did most odd things to the body/brain last month...! xx

Bobo - I wondered about the anxiety thing because I think there might be a Tom who sprays near our front door, which is where she's taken to weeing... Maybe a visit to the vet is in order.

And the Wallace Collection eh? Very posh...! xx

Jon said...

I keep dreaming that I am a weird cat and that I have a strange habit of weeing in corners...

Angela-la-la said...

My sister used to come home each week with a new diagnosis too, I wonder if this happens to trainee doctors and dentists? Male gynaecology students must be awfully confused :)

WV - flowmag. A busy florist's shorthand for industry periodical.

Mr Farty said...

So...a hen weekend? How did that go?

Ms Melancholy said...

Ah yes. I diagnosed myself with a full house of personality disorders 12 years ago. Eventually I decided I was being greedy (or narcissistic) and whittled it down to just the two. Good luck!