Wednesday 19 March 2008

Legs, breaths and other unconscious functionings.

Good lord.

I am rubbish.

I have not blogged and by gum I am rubbish.

I have no excuse. None at all. I have been a bit busy, but really that is it.

Last week I spent most of my time in a sort of tizz of bonkers - the whole moving out thing frankly made me go a bit freaky in the head.

I spent a while mulling over why exactly that should be. In between managing the breaths. The ones that were stuck in my chest and stuff.

And I thought some things. Like how this flat is where I was pregnant, and if I move from here it will be like leaving that behind and I don't know if I'm ready. And how my parents are moving too, from the house in which I grew up. And about home and hub and our new seaside life.

I don't know if any of that, or rather, being aware of any of that is good or helpful or a way to make a perfect flat materialise onto the compulsively refreshable pages of rightmove.

But I feel a bit better this week.

(Also, we booked our holiday. We are going to Scilly. Which for me is a bit like saying we are going to the land of dreams and gorgeousness.)

Also, I have cramp in my leg.

I do not know if that is related.

6 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

Oh darling, who cares where you're going to live - you're going to Scilly!

Having said that I will add - though addresses may change, memories remain in the heart forever.

Miss Tickle said...

Thanks Angie, you big lovely. x

Jon said...

Send me a postcard :)

One with a picture of a man standing on his head on it.

Anonymous said...

Leg cramp can signal the last fizzle of a tizz of bonkers and the return of cheerful calm. It's in the medical journals. Scilly looks great. Enjoy!

Miss Tickle said...

John, I sall send evryone a postcard A sort of bloggy one. And I shall persuade hub to do the headstand honours. (And train him a bit first.)

Brendan, hello! Long time. no see/hear, I do hope you are well. And I am so glad to have such a medically acquainted reader. It is a relief. And I feel calmer already.

Michelle said...

Best of luck with the moving! Also, I am totally jealous of your vacation! Hope it's lovely and distracting.